Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Glitter Egg Disaster



For $.98 I shouldn’t expect egg dyeing to be easy or any less cheesy but somehow my expectations are always a little more.   Maybe eventually I will learn that anything under a dollar at Wal-mart isn’t worth my time.   But then again, it has been at almost 30 years since I have died an egg so maybe it is just me, my learning curve, and some sort of egg dying deficit I am inflicted with…

…Or maybe the company could have charged an extra dollar and supplied me with an “egg dipper” that didn’t bend in half  from the weight of the egg or a glitter bag that didn’t bust on the first try. 

I did give them prompts for the cleverness of a “secret egg glitter bucket” but once in use I found the concept ridiculous.  I needed to see how much glitter was distributed because they only give you a teaspoon of glitter for the nine eggs.

And by the way, who picked the number nine out as the number to dye?  Is this to compensate for breakage or something?  Are consumers really going to break three eggs?  Was there a study done and said the average household breaks three eggs when dying eggs?  And if there is a study, was it our tax dollars paying for it?

Here's my theory:  Most people dye a dozen eggs and therefore would have to buy two boxes, which means more money for the manufactures.  But why don't they make it a box for six eggs?  I have an answer for that too, the manufacturers can’t because that would be way too obvious and for $.98 – they can’t afford to be obvious.  Besides, we can buy a half dozen of eggs and that wouldn't be good for them either.

In the end of my egg dyeing adventure I guessed it was worth it.  My son helped me and we enjoyed the bonding – well I enjoyed the bonding, my son just wanted to go fill up a water gun with left over rainwater bucket outside.

Oh well, I guess I will go and enjoy my dyed multi-colored fingertips. 

Easter Egg

Dye
My finger
A deeper blue
To retrieve an egg
Not from a rabbit but
A stupid bird that flew
I wonder why I thought
Pretty eggs would come
In a Easter 1 dollar box
When all else I bought
Worth about a dollar
Is worthless as
 Four rocks!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your fingertips, even if they are multi-colored!

    ReplyDelete